“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
In today’s society people are generally busy, stressed and overwhelmed. This constant busyness leaves little room to simply be present or little time for relaxation. It creates a shift away from gratitude, where life’s little blessings are held. Stillness is important for general health and wellbeing.
Boredom is healthy. Boredom gives our mind a chance to breathe, it brings our body and soul that much-needed sigh of relief. Creativity flourishes where boredom lives. Always being busy hushes the deep voice inside your soul that is screaming to express itself but can’t be heard above the busyness that exists. Sadly in this technological age, boredom seems to be a thing of the past. Have we forgotten the sacred act of just being?
Have you been longing to feel a deeper connection to life? To have more gratitude? To simply be more present?
Here’s 5 tips to help you to live in the moment:
- Spend time in nature: Take a moment to spend some delicious time in nature. Connect with its exquisite beauty and peacefulness, watch as you begin to feel alive after a few minutes. When you are alone in nature you understand your connection with all of life and you realise how noisy life can be.
- Abdominal Breathing: Abdominal breathing is the most natural form of breathing. Abdominal breathing increases oxygen in the bloodstream, increasing feelings of relaxation in the body. When doing abdominal breathing be conscious of the stillness between each breath, this is where you will feel the pure love that radiates in us all, where peace exists.
- Try meditation, Yoga or Tai Chi: Meditation, Yoga or Tai Chi are useful tools to incorporate in your life if you are trying to appreciate each moment. They allow you to be truly present, they help to reduce the mental mind chatter that seems to be always present and encourages deep clarity and patience.
- Awareness – Become aware of your feelings… Are you tired? Stressed ? Be conscious of your emotions, feel them… express them. You don’t need to label them or even understand them you just need to be aware.
- Make peace with the past – When you live in the past you are missing out on the peace and love that may exist in the present moment. Seek comfort in the fact that the past is just a memory now.
A mind that is living in the present moment is free from the pain of the past or the worries of the future. When you start to live wholeheartedly in each moment you can really begin to appreciate the blessings that are unfolding in life in any given moment.
Right now I am choosing to live in this present moment, because in this moment my children are at school and soon the will be home from school and there will be chaos. I think I might just stay in this happy place for the time being, for now this moment is all that exists.
Love and light and all things nice!
Kylie Riordan xxx